Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Is Homosexuality Becoming a Selfish Act?

In today's society saying that you are Homosexual has become more of a look at me than anything else. It's like a football player doing some elaborate dance in the end-zone after a touchdown. With Jason Collin's "coming out part" and the reaction of our country it just made me begin to think, "Are some over-the-hill athletes going to try and use this for a paycheck?" Jason Collins career is over, not because he is gay, but because he just cant play at professional level anymore. When I thought about this the  question was, "If a NBA team does not sign him will the gay community cry foul?" I would hate to think that they would, but being that Homosexuality is a "LOOK AT ME" event these days it would not surprise me if the community was marching in the streets trying to force some team to sign him or they would be designated a Hate Group. Honestly, if I was a professional athlete I wouldn't care if your gay, straight, Muslim, Jew, or gentile as long as they help the team win I wouldn't care. The locker room is a team atmosphere not a place to share sexual orientation this is why I feel like coming out as a homosexual in the locker room it is a very selfish act. I know not everyone will agree with me, but hey this is my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment